Friday, September 18, 2009

Jello

I'd like this blog to be a place to share thoughts about God--who he is, revelations he's shown me, things like that. Nice solid paragraphs of awesomeness about God and my encounters with him.

And I'm entirely jello right now.

I am entirely jello right now. It is 1 oclock in the morning, and I am tired, and I have other, practical things I should be doing right now, like homework or packing. But I'm still up because I feel like if I don't process things, I will drown in myself.

I've been stirring this over in my soul for the past two days:
24Now Thomas (called Didymus), one of the Twelve, was not with the disciples when Jesus came. 25So the other disciples told him, "We have seen the Lord!" But he said to them, "Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe it."
26A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, "Peace be with you!" 27Then he said to Thomas, "Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe."
28Thomas said to him, "My Lord and my God!" (John 20)

There's a desperation in this text, an intensity that my soul is resonating with. And I can't put words to it. There's just something there.

I've got a brick to carry around for a week. More on this later.

I think that I need to stop trying to put these things into words and just go SIT with them, with God.

2 comments:

  1. Sit with God! Lock the doors and wait for Jesus to come and say, "Peace be with you," and show you His hands, to let you feel His side, to let you be in His presence, and to let you resonate with His suffering, his death, and His resurrection. And then say, "My Lord and my God!"

    And of course, talk with Him. He's chillin in your room, chat it up!

    Since IVLI, I've been wrestling with what trusting God means and what doubt means and belief and etc etc. Thanks for this tidbit. I've got something to ponder now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you gained from my random tidbit. I've gained from your comment. You've managed to put to words and match an action with it that I wasn't able to. :p Thank you.

    ReplyDelete