Saturday, December 12, 2009

Flux

Ideas change nothing.

Grad school is harder than college, and it takes discipline and wisdom that I don't know if I have.

I think I need to stop asking why. I'm always always asking why (hello triangle personality). I have to know everything before I take steps. It's why I was freaked out at Compelling. I kept asking WHY. I didn't have any information, and saw no purpose. But then God said to me, If I call you, who are you to say no? I will bring my purposes to pass.

This, then, changes my entire perspective on life, on grad school. My life. is not. under. my control. My life is not. about. me. My life is not. about. my career. My job. My husband. My life is not something that I can plan out anymore, and my life is not something that I'm going to do my way and make it be Christian. If my life is truly to glorify God, my life isn't something I do. Following Christ is just that: FOLLOWING.
follow
–verb
1. to come after in sequence, order of time, etc.
2. to go or come after; move behind in the same direction
3. to accept as a guide or leader; accept the authority of or give allegiance to
4. to conform to, comply with, or act in accordance with; obey
12. to watch the movements, progress, or course of
18. to go or come after a person or thing in motion.

If I am to lead, I must first be led.

Ideas change nothing. Believing that an innocent man's death saves you means nothing. God changes everything. Once you understand that it was God himself who died on that cross that day, who died for you, that changes everything. Ideas change nothing. Truth changes everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment