Sunday, February 21, 2010

Almost...

I went to a jeweler today.

I was shaking and I'm sure that my face was on fire, but I actually walked up to the counter at Kay Jeweler's and asked about rings.

I've been looking in standard department store racks for months and months, but nothing fit. I was in the mall today, walked a couple yards past Kay's, prayed a quick prayer, and turned around and marched up to the counter.

I spent a hesitant but enjoyable 20-30 minutes trying on rings (with a spunky Christian saleslady whom I hope to talk to again). I found one that I liked, but it wasn't THE ring.

So I left without a ring, but I still really, actually went into and talked to a jeweler today. (They did, however, first check that I was 18. I politely responded that yes, I'm 22. HA!)

I can't wait to try another jeweler next week. ^.^

1 comment:

  1. Ring update:

    I found the ring in June. It's lovely. It has two tones of gold weaving into one another around a set of 3 tiny stones.

    The story behind this ring is quite personal, but I will say that this is far more than a purity ring. This is a reminder of the promises that God has given to me of faithfulness and love. It's not about a promise I'm making. It's about promises that God has first made to me, and my response to them. In the few months that I've worn it, God has taken me to some interesting places with him, that somehow wearing a real, complete circle on my finger highlights (I had been wearing cheap adjustable ones until I found this one), not to mention it's materials--gold and diamonds?? On me? Yes, on me. Because he thinks I'm worth it. And for however much I paid for this ring, he paid more.

    ReplyDelete