Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Sanctuary

noun
A sacred place, such as a church, in which fugitives formerly were immune to arrest.
Immunity to arrest afforded by a sanctuary.
A place of refuge or asylum.


"For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle and set me high upon a rock." Psalm 27:5

But yet we sing, “Lord, prepare me to be a sanctuary.” Prepare ME to be a sanctuary. Prepare me that I might be good enough for you. Now, sometimes that’s right. But yet, HE is our sanctuary. He is our sanctuary, where we run when the world is crashing in on us, when everyone is out to get us, we run to him and we have sanctuary in him!

He will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle. He will keep me safe in his dwelling.

Sanctuary.

No comments:

Post a Comment