Friday, January 01, 2010

Urbana 2009 sans detail

My well. He came to my well.

They'll know we are Christians by our love. Not our facebook profiles.

Worship out of truth.

We haven't been given an idiot-proof map. We need to trust. And even if we had, we'd still screw it up.

Praise defeats the evil one.

Sinned? Flee to him.

Prayers are not about getting answers.

If we can be challenged to appreciate other ethnic groups' worship style, why not be challenged to appreciate other styles within our own white worship style? CCM (ie, Hillsong), country, rap, gospel, metal, rock.

Limits.

Dancing shoes.

2 comments:

  1. Worship out of truth - I like to think "worship through truth", that is, the search for truth better be worship. Because God is truth. Kinda goes along with the whole Christianity and academia thing.


    Metal?
    Rock?

    YES.
    Although I have to admit, singing along (or strumming along) to CCM is way easier than to rap or metal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I understand your comment about worshiping through truth. Or the part about Christianity/academia.

    Here's a more expanded version of what I meant (though I still want to hear your thoughts!)

    Worship out of Truth: not out of emotion or music or ideas or circumstances. Worship out of Truth: that God came into this world, became one of us, lived among us, died for us, rose again, all so that we could have a relationship with him. Worship out of this Truth. Emotion, music, ideas, circumstances, all these change. Truth does not. Worship out of Truth.

    ReplyDelete