Monday, January 04, 2010

Too Sacred?

"All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags." (Isaiah 64:6)
We have defiled ourselves. We have stained ourselves and made ourselves unclean, and yet we act so righteous...

"All day long I have held out my hands to an obstinate people....who say, 'Keep away; don't come near me, for I am too sacred for you!'" (Isaiah 65:2,5)

Keep away...I am too sacred for you. Too sacred for You. Too sacred for You?

Oh LORD, what have we done?

3 comments:

  1. I've been feeling like this a lot lately. Just feeling filthy and hating myself, but being scared to let the Lord FULLY reach in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling Elizabeth,
    "Is he not your Father, your Creator, who made you and formed you?...In a desert land he found her, in a barren and howling waste. He shielded her and cared for her; he guarded her as the apple of his eye."
    (Deut 32:6, 10; exchanging him for her where appropriate)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right, the pronoun change does make it much more personal.

    ReplyDelete